Who knows

 


Despondency has its roots

Where it runs deep who knows?


Death is always around

Which corner it lurks who knows?


Hope is a flower

Which moment of darkness  it blooms who knows?


Happiness is a spring

Where in the depth is it tapped who knows?


Life is a riddle 

Where in the abyss the clue is trapped

Who knows?


T Santhanam

Comments

  1. Whatever we see, including our mind and body are the manifestations of Maya. Deep rooted despondency can be uprooted only by this wisdom for which we should persevere with both the so-called 'happiness and sorrows'. I think, this exercise has to start at an early level of our lives and the children should be witnessing their parents practising it.
    "shaknOtIhaiva ya: sedum prAksharIravimOkShaNAth I
    kAmakrODhOtBhavam vEgam sa yukta: sa sukhI nara: I"
    One who is able to overcome desire & anger before giving up the body, is a true Yogi & a blissful human being. Gita 5.23.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Light Scares

You are in my eyes

Drive away the darkness